Share |

Another Note From the Ragged Edge

Pete Seeger, (responding to House Unamerican Activities Committee questions, August 18, 1955):
 
“I am not going to answer any questions as to my association, my philosophical or religious beliefs or my political beliefs, or how I voted in any election, or any of these private affairs. I think these are very improper questions for any American to be asked, especially under such compulsion as this. I would be very glad to tell you my life if you want to hear of it.” 
  ...and...

"I have sung for Americans of every political persuasion, and I am proud that I never refuse to sing to an audience, no matter what religion or color of their skin, or situation in life. I have sung in hobo jungles, and I have sung for the Rockefellers, and I am proud that I have never refused to sing for anybody. That is the only answer I can give along that line." 


For more on his life and thoughts, click this Appreciation Page, this Pete Seeger Music site, 
or join in below... 


...and so we shall, someday.




Search the Broadsides and posted links